Last updated: 2023-09-12 10:51:34Download PDF
This document shows you how to quickly run TRTC-API-Example (Android).
Android 4.1 (SDK API level 16) or later; Android 5.0 (SDK API level 21) or later is recommended.
Android Studio 3.5 or later
Devices with Android 4.1 or later
You have signed up for a Tencent Cloud account.
Step 1. Create an application
1. Log in to the TRTC console and select RTC Engine.
2. Click Start now and enter an application name such as APIExample. If you have already created an application, click link existing application.
3. Add or edit tags according to your actual business needs and click Create application.
Step 2. Get your SDKAppId and SecretKey
After your application created, you can get your SDKAppID and SecretKey on Basic informaction. SDKAppID and SecrentKey is needed for running demo.
Step 3. Download the SDK and demo source code
1. You can download the sample code for 【Android】platform on github.
2. The steps to import SDK can refer to 【Android SDK import】.
The method for generating
UserSigdescribed in this document involves configuring
SECRETKEYin the client code. In this method,
SECRETKEYmay be easily decompiled and reversed, and if your key is disclosed, attackers can steal your Tencent Cloud traffic. Therefore, this method is suitable only for the local execution and debugging of TRTC-API-Example.
The best practice is to integrate the calculation code of
UserSiginto your server and provide an application-oriented API. When
UserSigis needed, your application can send a request to your server for a dynamic
UserSig. For more information, see How do I calculate
Step 4. Configure demo project files
1.Find and open
SDKAPPID: `0` by default. Set it to the actual `SDKAppID`.
SECRETKEY: left empty by default. Set it to the actual key.
Step 5. Compile and run the demo
Open the demo project
TRTC-API-Examplewith Android Studio (v3.5 or later) and run the project.
1. The app is running on two mobile phones, but why can't they display the images of each other?
Make sure that the two mobile phones use different
UserID. With TRTC, you cannot use the same
UserIDon two devices simultaneously unless the
2. What are the restrictions of the firewall?
The SDK uses the UDP protocol for audio/video transmission and therefore cannot be used in office networks that block UDP. If you encounter such a problem, you can refer to Firewall Restrictions to troubleshoot the issue.